Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf
photo by Tristalyn
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 biscuits, grated into crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place all ingredients,except ketchup, in large bowl.
- mix well with hands.
- place in loaf pan and press down gently. bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- spread 1/4 cup ketchup over top of loaf and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just went to Cracker Barrel for Meatloaf 2 days ago, and made this recipe today. Wow! I have to say I thought it was delicious and tasted authentic! I did use some biscuits I brought home from Cracker Barrel, but I made 2 loaves and did grate some white bread into crumbs also. I'll be using this as my go-to Meatloaf recipe from now on. Thanks so much! :)
My daughter and I go to cracker barrel all the time for the meatloaf so I was eager to try this recipe. We were both disappointed with it. Cracker barrel's meatloaf is firm while this is loose and soggy. The flavor was mediocre and only slightly resembled cracker barrel's meatloaf. It was edible but if I knew it would turn out like this I would have stuck to my own meatloaf recipe and not wasted my time...on the plus side there is plenty of leftovers. ..because neither one of us wanted seconds.
see 3 more reviews