- Place all ingredients in a very large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place in 3 loaf pans and press down with spoon.
- Bake at 300°F for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert each loaf over 8-inch wire rack to drain grease and juice.
- Spread ½ cup of ketchup over each loaf.
- For a delicious variation, use my Banana Ketchup – Recipezaar recipe ID# 24945.
- Cut into portions 5 to 6 ounces each and keep warm.
Good meatloaf that actually held together... mine never do. I halved the recipe and it made 2 huge pans. The flavor was a little bland for my taste but this is for a crowd, not everyone has the same tastes. Otherwise this was a great recipe that I will be making from now on. The only changes I made were I added some dried basil and oregano, a little garlic powder and some onion powder.
The conversion for 2 lb of meat was a little confusing- I just eyeballed the rest of the ingredients. I had to cook this almost 2 hours- next time I am going to try 375 for one hour. Having said all of that negative, it was moist and had great flavor. Thanks for posting!!
Great meatloaf! I've made it for a crowd of 60 and I've made it for four. I've made it with turkey and I've made it with venison. I've chopped veggies by hand (for the 60) and I've thrown in a package of pre-diced "trinity" (for the four). Always perfect. We're having it again tonight! Thank you, thank you!