1/1 Photo of Cracked Black Pepper Cheese Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Goes well with hearty soups and stews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1Mix together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- 3In another smaller bowl, mix together eggs, yogurt, oil, milk, and mustard.
- 4Add to the flour mixture; also add cheese and onions.
- 5Mix just until moistened; batter will be lumpy.
- 6Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until tests done.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minute.
- 9Remove bread from pan and this is best served warm.
- 10This bread goes well with hearty stews and soups.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracked Black Pepper Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 325.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g