Recipe by Trinkets
From Palace Café, one of Dickie Brennan’s restaurants in New Orleans. Crabmeat Ravigote is an old New Orleans favorite, almost every nice restaurant has it on their menu. In my past career as event planner, I had this on many menus we served to Presidents, Republicans and Democrats! This is the epitome of fine dining in New Orleans. Serve this on a bed of lettuces as lunch with some hot French bread and a nice dry white wine or as an appetizer to dinner with champagne.
- 473.18 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml creole mustard
- 4.92 ml Crystal hot sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml capers, chopped
- 59.14 ml prepared horseradish
- 59.14 ml red onion, minced
- 453.59 g lump crabmeat
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 creole tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mayonnaise, creole mustard,hot sauce, Worcestershire, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the capers, horseradish and red onion and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle the crabmeat with the kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Combine with 1/4 Cup of the sauce in a bowl and toss gently; do not break up the crab lumps.
- Place 3 slices of tomato in a circle of 4 serving plates.
- Place the lettuce in the center of each plate and top with the crabmeat mixture.
- Garnish with the capers and lemon slices and the remaining sauce on the side.