From Palace Café, one of Dickie Brennan’s restaurants in New Orleans. Crabmeat Ravigote is an old New Orleans favorite, almost every nice restaurant has it on their menu. In my past career as event planner, I had this on many menus we served to Presidents, Republicans and Democrats! This is the epitome of fine dining in New Orleans. Serve this on a bed of lettuces as lunch with some hot French bread and a nice dry white wine or as an appetizer to dinner with champagne.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 creole tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1/2 head green leaf lettuce, very thinly sliced
- 1Combine the mayonnaise, creole mustard,hot sauce, Worcestershire, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- 2Add the capers, horseradish and red onion and mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, sprinkle the crabmeat with the kosher salt and ground pepper.
- 4Combine with 1/4 Cup of the sauce in a bowl and toss gently; do not break up the crab lumps.
- 5Place 3 slices of tomato in a circle of 4 serving plates.
- 6Place the lettuce in the center of each plate and top with the crabmeat mixture.
- 7Garnish with the capers and lemon slices and the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Ravigote
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 1804.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 29.1 g