Recipe by abby orchard
My boyfriend (who never cooks) made this for me from a recipe he was given by a friend in Hong Kong. Not sure where it originates from but if you're in the UK you're unlikely to be able to get old Bay seasoning but there is a recipe for it on this site!!!
Top Review by yogi
Really nice change from your usual lasagne! Next time I will reduce the amount of Old Bay Seasoning and canned soup because we thought they were over-powering. I wanted more of a crab flavor. Everything else was perfect and we WILL be making this one again!
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodles or 1⁄2 lb pasta, sheets
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of shrimp soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans lobster bisque
- 1 lb special crabmeat
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, rinse and drain.
- Combine soup, crab, ricotta cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, cream cheese, onion, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Layer 1/2 noodles in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread with 1/2 crab mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layers and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- *Note if using pasta sheet cooking is not needed.