This soup is like a chowder and is delicious. I am a soup lover and have developed or modified over 150 soup recipes to make them taste much better.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, homogenized
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups corn, fresh,frozen or canned kernel
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions or 1 cup finely chopped scallion
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, regular
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy bottom cooking pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add flour and stir gently until blended; DO NOT LET THE MIXTURE DARKEN.
- Add milk gradually stirring continously until it starts to simmer.
- Add half and half, stir gently until well blended.
- Add corn and green onions, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until corn is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add crabmeat, pepper, salt and soy sauce and simmer until very hot and small bubles start to form around the edge of the pot; stir frequently; BUT DO NOT BOIL.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with sprinkles of chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- If using fresh corn, use 4 large cobs.
- Cut kernels off cobs, scrape cobs for any milk and add to soup.
- Canned crabmeat or imitation crabmeat may be used instead of fresh crabmeat.
- Use 7 1/2 ounces of canned crabmeat (drained) and 8 ounces of imitation crabmeat cut into smaller pieces.