1 hr 5 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Serve for brunch, lunch, a light dinner or anytime you get a hankering for CRAB. Easy to prepare; always a favourite with the kids, especially teens and their pals. You may wish to add additional Tabasco, or other hot sauce. The flavour of this mixture is mild - medium. All a matter of personal taste. Serve with a variety of melons to add coolness to the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 count) package 10 inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package crab or 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (your flavour preference)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarse chopped
- 0.5 (9 ounce) package fresh spinach, stems removed
- 2 fresh roma tomatoes, skinned and chopped (any size)
- 1 medium length fresh carrot, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, roasted
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, roasted
- 6 -8 pitted black olives, coarse-chopped
- 6 -8 pitted green olives, coarse-chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 -4 fresh green onions, coarse chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut the tops off the green, red, and yellow peppers.
- 3Place peppers on a shallow pan in the oven and roast until the skin begins to bubble and separates from the flesh- about 15 minutes.
- 4Turn frequently to allow all sides to roast.
- 5Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 6Peel the peppers, make one slit in the peppers to open.
- 7Remove and discard the seeds.
- 8Coarse-chop the roasted peppers and set aside.
- 9This is the only time you will use your oven.
- 10CHEDDAR CHEESE: Shred cheese and set aside in a separate bowl.
- 11RICOTTA CHEESE MIXTURE: Wash the spinach leaves well; remove and discard the stems from the spinach.
- 12Do not dry spinach.
- 13Place in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- 14There should be sufficient water left on the leaves, to cook the spinach until it wilts; additional water may be added if you feel it necessary.
- 15Remove cooked spinach from pot and place in a colander over a bowl, to drain.
- 16Squeeze any excess water from the spinach.
- 17Chop the spinach finely.
- 18Mix well with Ricotta Cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and set aside.
- 19CRAB MEAT MIXTURE: In a large skillet, heat, the olive oil over medium heat.
- 20Saute crab meat, and chopped green onions. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 21TOMATO MIXTURE: To the pan add: skinned and chopped Roma tomatoes; grated fresh carrot, black and green olives, celery, Tabasco, Cayenne and salt.
- 22Mix well and cook, 5- 7 minutes; just long enough to heat the ingredients though.
- 23Remove from heat and let it cool.
- 24In a mixing bowl: Add Ricotta cheese mixture, crab meat mixture, tomato mixture; and fresh cilantro; turn over a few times to mix the ingredients.
- 25Scoop onto tortillas, make tidy pockets by folding bottom up and then the two side inches.
- 26Top with the shredded cheese.
- 27Serve with beverage of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabby Tortilla-Wrap With 3-Cheese Filling
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.2
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 844.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas