1/5 Photos of Crabapple Jelly
3 hrs 20 mins
very easy very good !!! you need crab apple asmany as you want more the better the more jelly from jonathanwallace
My Private Note
- 1Wash your crab apples to remove critters and any dirt.
- 2Throw out any rotten or bad ones, remove leaves and any woody stuff.
- 3But leave them whole no need to remove centers etc -- (waste of time).
- 4Put in large pot 2/3 full otherwise it will boil over.
- 5Fill pot till all the apples float.
- 6Heat on Med. heat till boiling, once they boil cook for 2-3 hours.
- 7Strain the mixture through cheese cloth keeping the liquid, thats gonna be our jelly.
- 8If you want you can make crabapple cheese with the solids ( but were here to make jelly).
- 9Measure the liquid as best you can for every 1 L of liquid you will need 1 kg of sugar.
- 10Add sugar to liquid in a pot, and stir till boiling then reduce heat but keep it low rolling boil for about 10-15 minute.
- 11Then you can reduce heat to low.
- 12On a small plate take your stir stick or wooden spoon and drizzel a few drops of the liquid allowing it to cool. keep doing this till it jells.
- 13When it jells you are ready to start canning (see pic's).
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabapple Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2615.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 682.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 249.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g