Recipe by Leilani
These appetizers are sooo delicious! Everyone is always asking for this recipe, even those who don't like crab. This recipe was handed down from my mother, and I don't know where she got it from. I guarantee that if you serve these at your next get together, they will be gobbled up.
Top Review by Stewie
I was about to put this recipe on zaar, too! (Mine doesn't have dill in it--only difference!) It is a favorite at our house, I always have some in the freezer. At a party on Sat. I got halfway through the recipe and found I had no crab so I substituted a can of small shrimps--still got raves! Try this--you'll be hooked!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagethomas' English muffins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) candrained crabmeat (or a little less than 1/2 lb imitation crabmeat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften butter and cheese.
- Mix with other ingredients.
- Spread on muffin halves.
- Place on plate and freeze.
- When frozen transfer to zip-lock type bag, and keep in freezer.
- When ready to serve, cut into 4 or 6 triangles from each muffin half, depending on how many people you have.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly brown, about 10 minutes.