I got the idea for this recipe when my husband was told no more "Red" meat for a while by our doctor. I became creative in coming up with different chicken dishes and this one came from a dip I made a few years ago. Try this recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up Crab meat.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese and soup mix together with a hand mixer.
- Set aside.
- Make a pocket in each chicken breast.
- This is done by slicing horizontally, but do not cut all the way through.
- Stuff each breast with the crab mixture.
- Coat each breast in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs.
- (Sometimes I add a little parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for additional flavor) In a nonstick frying pan, heat up the olive oil and fry breast until golden brown.
- Place breasts in an oven safe dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and DIG IN!
- I usually serve spaghetti noddles tossed with GARLIC!
- and olive oil for a quick side dish.
- Not a very light entrée, but my husband and I cheat the healthy eating once in a while.