Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the idea for this recipe when my husband was told no more "Red" meat for a while by our doctor. I became creative in coming up with different chicken dishes and this one came from a dip I made a few years ago. Try this recipe, you will not be disappointed!
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up Crab meat.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese and soup mix together with a hand mixer.
- Set aside.
- Make a pocket in each chicken breast.
- This is done by slicing horizontally, but do not cut all the way through.
- Stuff each breast with the crab mixture.
- Coat each breast in flour, then egg, and finally bread crumbs.
- (Sometimes I add a little parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for additional flavor) In a nonstick frying pan, heat up the olive oil and fry breast until golden brown.
- Place breasts in an oven safe dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and DIG IN!
- I usually serve spaghetti noddles tossed with GARLIC!
- and olive oil for a quick side dish.
- Not a very light entrée, but my husband and I cheat the healthy eating once in a while.
This dish is absolutely fabulous. Made it tonight for dinner and I was in Heaven. Followed the directions exactly. This was so easy to put together and the taste was great. I can understand why this is your favorite dish Chippie. Thanks.
Oh god, I'm drooling as I write this review thinking of how incredible this tasted! I'm Somersizing, so I omitted the flour and bread crumbs. I pan fried the breasts in olive oil naked (except for the stuffing) and then cooled for a bit and rolled them in Parmesan cheese and baked. This tastes just like something you'd get at an Olive Garden! You can't go wrong when you combine cream cheese and crab! Instead of noodles, I served this on a bed of sauted zuchinni and spinach. I will make this again and again! Mucho gracias!
ohmygosh! these were amazing!!! I used canned crabmeat..and like several other commenters, I couldn't find the lipton herb and garlic soup, but I did find Knorr herb and garlic pasta sauce mix, so I used that...and it worked like a charm. I'm a messy cook anyway :-) so was expecting a disaster since other said it was messy...but it wasn't too bad...just had a hard time keeping the filling in the chicken when coating...but since this will become a regular in my home...I'm sure I'll have plenty of practice to get them perfect! :-) I made them for father's day and to say they were a hit would be a HUGE understatement! Even my picky, seafood hating 6 year old loved them! thanks for an awesome recipe!!!