Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
A friend made this for me when he found out that I love crab. It was very good and I asked for the recipe. I usually serve this with rice and green beans.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped (I always use fresh mushrooms)
- 10 saltine crackers, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Pound chicken to about 1/8" thick between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of butter; blend in flour. Add milk, chicken broth, and wine all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
- In skillet cook onion in 1 tbsp of butter until tender, but not brown. Stir in crab, mushrooms, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp of the sauce.
- Top each chicken piece with about 1/4 cup of the crab mixture. Fold sides in; roll up.
- Place seam down in a 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Bake, covered at 350°F until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Uncover; sprinkle with Swiss cheese and paprika.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation