- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh crabmeat
- 2 split top hot dog buns or 4 slices thick white bread
- 2 -4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the mayonnaise with the celery.
- Gently stir in crabmeat, but try not to break it up.
- Heat a large skillet, and add butter to taste.
- Brown both sides of the buns. (If using bread, brown only one side of each slice.).
- Remove the buns from the skillet and layer on a leaf or two of lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the crab salad.
- Season with freshly ground pepper if desired.