Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from my sister-in-law. It is very good and hard to stop eating once you start.
- Dip: Soften cream cheese in microwave.
- Stir in rest of ingredients (except wonton wrappers and parmesan cheese).
- Spread in serving bowl.
- Before serving, microwave to warm.
- Top with sweet and sour sauce.
- To make wonton strips (for dipping):.
- Cut each wonton wrapper in half.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray (on pan and on top) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 5-7 minutes at 375 or until slightly brown.
WAYYYY easier than making individual crab rangoons!! Thanks! I easily doubled the recipe, swapped chives for green onions as i didn't feel like making a run to the store, added some tabasco soy sauce, and omitted the sweet n sour sauce. Was WONDERFUL!!! Thanks Chris! 3-1-2010... love to use up extra dip with ritz crackers. doesn't matter wether the dip is warmed or cold, irrestible either way!!
Fabulous! This is one of the easiest dips I have ever made. This was a huge hit as we love crab rangoons, but not the calories or expense of takeout. I didn't have parsley on hand so omitted that. I didn't use parm. cheese on wontons either. I also used the 1/3 reduced cream cheese and skim milk. A definite keeper.
My parents and DH loved this dip. I wasn't quite as dazzled by it, but I couldn't seem to stop eating it so that should tell you something! It tasted similar to rangoon but we all felt it needed a bit more cream cheese. The wonton strips were fantastic! They were very easy to make and came out nice and crispy; the parmesan was also a nice touch. One half package of wontons was perfect for the amount of dip this makes, although I don't think anyone would complain about having some extra lying around! This dish was enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing!