Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Crab, mozzarella, onion, mushroom, cream and milk make a savory, rich pie.
Make and share this Crab Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell (if using a store pie crust, bake it in your own glass pie plate as the tins frequently leak.)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°; in heated butter, saute onion and mushrooms until translucent and soft; place crabmeat on bottom of pie crust; pour onions and mushrooms over crabmeat; sprinkle cheese on next.
- Beat eggs well; add milk and cream and combine thoroughly; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet and place both on oven rack; pour cream mixture into pie crust; sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is firm and cooked through.