Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I use the imitation crab in this one, because it holds up better, and still has a teriffic crab taste.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Place in a greased 13x9 in baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 35 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
I don't each much seafood, but found this recipe so tasty I had to make it a second time for friends. We all enjoyed it. I had trouble getting imitation crabmeat, so I used what is known in Australia as "Crab sticks" and cut them into little pieces. For personal taste, in the second making, I reduced the amount of red peppers, and, as swiss chees wasn't available, used a New Zealand tasty cheese. The taste was still delicious. I reccomend everyone to try this.
Love this recipe! Substituted heavy cream for half-and-half and mozzerella for swiss and it turned out perfect!! Never knew how well red peppers would go with crab meat! Thanks for an awesome recipe!
Made this recipe and added 1/2 teaspoon of anchovey sauce and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.