Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this crab quiche with a nice green salad for a lovely summer luncheon.
- 1 (5 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 3 strips bacon, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped finely
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces 18% cream
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute bacon til crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and put onions in pan.
- Cook til soft but not brown.
- Remove onions from pan.
- Combine bacon, onion, crabmeat and parsely.
- Mix well and spoon into pie shell.
- Combine eggs and cream.
- Season with salt& pepper and pour over crab mixture.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and custard is set.
DH and I really enjoyed this! I had some leftover onions and bell pepper (about half a cup total) which I used and omitted the parsley. Probably the best quiche I've ever prepared. Thanks.
Just wonderful! I think a pinch of nutmeg would really set this off nice. The next day was better te flavors are really good together!!
This recipe is beautiful made 2 the other day.