Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This quiche is quick and easy to prepare. I love to serve it with fresh steamed broccoli!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (I prefer chardonnay)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 8 ounces low-fat swiss cheese or 8 ounces low fat mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan, and place pie crust in pan.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and rest of ingredients, stirring until well-mixed. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350, and bake about 45-50 min until quiche is set or a knife comes out clean.
My results were the same as Karen's. I found the quiche bland, and had so much filling, it didn't cook in the amount of time specified (I only had one crust). I subbed green pepper for the celery, which helped somewhat. Probably won't make this one again.
I found this quiche a little bland. I love crab, but I didn't think this one worked great with the canned crab. Next time I think I would try the imitation crab and green onions instead of regular onions. I don't care for celery, so I added some mushrooms for added flavor. I also used store bought deep dish pie crusts, and had so much filling that I made two quiches. Not sure what it was missing...maybe it needs a heartier cheese.