1/2 Photos of Crab Pie
from emeril, this makes a wonderful brunch or light lunch dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons rustic dry rub seasonings
- 4 ounces grated white cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Combine the butter and flour in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended.
- 4Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne.
- 5Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- 6Add the milk.
- 7Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- 8Add the crabmeat, parsley, and green onions.
- 9Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- 10Remove from the heat.
- 11Pour the mixture into a 9-inch glass pie dish or 6 small ramekins.
- 12Combine the bread crumbs and the rub.
- 13Sprinkle over the top of the crabmeat mixture.
- 14Sprinkle the cheese over the bread crumbs.
- 15Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- 16Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Pie
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 905.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings