Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
from emeril, this makes a wonderful brunch or light lunch dish
Make and share this Crab Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons rustic dry rub seasonings
- 4 ounces grated white cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the butter and flour in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended.
- Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- Add the milk.
- Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the crabmeat, parsley, and green onions.
- Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch glass pie dish or 6 small ramekins.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the rub.
- Sprinkle over the top of the crabmeat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
First, Chia thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. I opted to put the mixture in individual ramkins. It came out of the oven and looked so pretty. I served it with my Spinach Salad with Feta Cheese (recipe 90513). Second, Bev thanks for the heads up on the Rustic Rub recipe.
This tasted very good. Lovely dry rub seasoning. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for posting Chia. I made this last night with a combo of left over King Crab and Lobster. My husband and I really liked this alot! Served it with a reg. tossed salad.