Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
Yummy little appetizer that's quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 3⁄4 cup imitation crabmeat, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 2 (2 ounce) packages frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- paprika, sprinkled on top
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix the cream cheese and horseradish sauce together.
- Fold in the crabmeat and onion.
- Using a small sized scoop (Pampered Chef), place filling into tart shells.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of paprika.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly brown on top.
Yum yum for the tum tum. These were an elegant yet simple appetizer that tickled my husband's taste buds! I used the tartlet shells and employed a freer hand with the horseradish sauce. You need the sauce, it gives it such a rick flavor. I added a dash of lemon juice and salt and pepper. The paprika on top was delish!
I cut the recipe down to 10 tarts. I did use the grated horseradish and should have used the sauce which makes a big difference. We both love horseradish and hot and spicy foods but it was a bit to much horseradish...so please use the sauce. I did make my own tart shells. The overall flavor was missing an ingredient or two possibly salt and a herb or even some minced garlic. Thanks for posting. :)