Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been making this for years. I usually just "chop and dump", so I've gotten the proportions as close as I can, I think. Add more or less mayo, if you like, because I usually don't measure. The same with the tarragon and dill weed. Add more if you like it, less if you don't.
- 340.19 g small shell pasta
- 226.79 g imitation crabmeat, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 can black olives, drained and sliced
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- Cook pasta according to package directions;drain and rinse with COLD water; drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Chill for several hours.
I followed the recipe exactly even though I KNEW that 12 oz. of the pasta would overwhelm the rest of the ingredients. There was not enough "dressing" to make the salad creamy and hardly any of the seasonings came through for flavor. I will let each person "doctor up" their serving to suit their tastes but I will not be fixing this again.
I followed this recipe exactly, and it came out great! It is so easy to throw together and has lots of great flavors. I loved the dill and tarragon in there! It all came together really nicely. Thanks!
Gteat recipe. I kept everything the same except I added about 1 Tlb of lemon juice. I like the extra tang!