Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I LOVE lump crab meat. I bought some fresh flounder and decided to use my crab cake recipe with a couple of changes to make a stuffing. I used Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs and it gave it a more sweet flavor. The stuffing can also be used to stuff lobster, shrimp or any other fish.
- Rince flounder filets and pat dry.
- In a bowl,mix Ritz cracker crumbs,egg,mayo,parsley,worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard till well mixed.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Place a quarter of the stuffing in each filet,fold over and place in a glass baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray folded side down.
- Place a pat of butter on each roll.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minuets.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
I am getting ready to make this for the second time - last time for family (big hit) this time for company. I too have thin filets and I lined a baking dish with the filets, spread the stuffing over it and then filets on top. I also used old bay seasoning in the filling and sprayed the top filet with spray butter and some panko bread crumbs (very lightly)
This was good...However, I will say that next time I will add some garlic salt, old bay seasoning, and drizzle it with fresh lemon juice before cooking, as it was a little bland. I gave it 5 stars b/c it was delicious after adding the squeezed lemon and some salt. My boyfriend was impressed with the presentation of the dish, I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!
I loved this dish! I used frozen flounder fillets that were pretty thin, so instead of "stuffing" them, I just spread the stuffing on top of one fillet and then put another fillet on top. It turned out great. My teenage boys especially loved the crab stuffing! We will definitely be making this one again.