Recipe by dragonpawz
I LOVE lump crab meat. I bought some fresh flounder and decided to use my crab cake recipe with a couple of changes to make a stuffing. I used Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs and it gave it a more sweet flavor. The stuffing can also be used to stuff lobster, shrimp or any other fish.
Top Review by jean D.
I am getting ready to make this for the second time - last time for family (big hit) this time for company. I too have thin filets and I lined a baking dish with the filets, spread the stuffing over it and then filets on top. I also used old bay seasoning in the filling and sprayed the top filet with spray butter and some panko bread crumbs (very lightly)
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 4 flounder fillets
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise or 5 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 lb butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Rince flounder filets and pat dry.
- In a bowl,mix Ritz cracker crumbs,egg,mayo,parsley,worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard till well mixed.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Place a quarter of the stuffing in each filet,fold over and place in a glass baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray folded side down.
- Place a pat of butter on each roll.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minuets.
- Serve with lemon wedges.