Recipe by Sarah L.
Got this from my mom's Crab Cookbook that looked like it was written in the 60's. There are many Crab imperial recipes but this one doesn't include mayo. Very delicious atop fish or shrimp or on sliced and toasted baguette.
Top Review by Becky L.
I made this crab imperial for super bowl sunday..it was amazing and oh so easy to prepare...there were leftovers as there was only 3 of us eating so I covered it and used it as a spread on crackers the next day..oh my oh my...excellent !! I will make this again..as a matter of fact i'm makking it this sunday for a special dinner..i give this recipe 5 stars..delicious !!
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter and add flour, salt, pepper and mustard over medium heat.
- Heat and stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly add half and half and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add green pepper and worchestershire.
- Fold in crabmeat and pour into 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.