One of my favorite dishes to enjoy any time I have the opportunity to travel to the Tidewater area of Maryland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Butter 8 individual custard dishes or ramekins.
- 3Set aside crabmeat. Combine next 10 ingredients (through mayonnaise)in medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Fold in crabmeat.
- 4Stir 6 tablespoons melted butter and bread crumbs together in small bowl.
- 5Spoon crab mixture into individual dishes. Top each with buttered crumbs. Sprinkle with small amount of paprika. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Imperial
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 812.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning