Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite dishes to enjoy any time I have the opportunity to travel to the Tidewater area of Maryland.
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Butter 8 individual custard dishes or ramekins.
- Set aside crabmeat. Combine next 10 ingredients (through mayonnaise)in medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Fold in crabmeat.
- Stir 6 tablespoons melted butter and bread crumbs together in small bowl.
- Spoon crab mixture into individual dishes. Top each with buttered crumbs. Sprinkle with small amount of paprika. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.