Food of the Gods's Note:
Delicious comfort food bisque chowder that is filling and unbelievably yummy!!! One of my top 5 favorite recipes. I learned this from a cooking school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml celery, finely chopped
- 453.59 g crabmeat, chopped
- 709.77 ml corn
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- 453.59 g red potatoes, scrubbed & cut into 1/2 inch diced cubes
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml chives, minced plus more for garnish
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan or medium pot, cook pancetta over moderately low heat until crisp. (10 minutes).
- 2Add onion and celery to pan. Cook over low heat until softened. (12 minutes, do step #3 while you wait).
- 3Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree 1 cup corn with 1 cup milk.
- 4Add corn puree to saucepan along with remaining 2 cups each of corn & milk and the potatoes. Simmer on low heat until potatoes are tender. (about 20 minutes).
- 5Stir in cream, chives, and crab meat. Season with salt, pepper, & Tabasco and keep warm.
- 6Ladle soup into bowls. Top with scallops & chives and serve!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab & Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 524.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: