Crab Corn Chowder in Less Than 30 Minutes
- Ready In:
- 1 lb of pasteurized special crabmeat
- 32 ounces seafood stock
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Roast the peppers. (Place sections of peppers skin side up on low broil for about 10 minutes. When blackened, put in a zip lock bag. After cooling, skins will peel easily.) Set aside.
Proceed to make the chowder:
- Saute garlic & crushed red pepper in olive oil until fragrant, then add the onion and saute until softened.
- Add seafood stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are done (about 10 minutes).
- Remove half of the chowder and blend. Return to pot.
- Add the corn, crab, & roasted red peppers and bring back to a boil for a couple minutes.
- Add half and half.
- After chowder reheats, serve with chopped parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation