Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family had a summer home at Dillions Beach, California. Just south of Bodega Bay, California. When growing up we ate often in a small Italian settled town called Occidential. Mary Panizzera's Union Hotel was the place where my family and friends would always converge for a big feast, just before Christmas, when the fresh dungeness crabs were available in nearby Bodega Bay.
- 2 large dungeness crabs, cooked
- 226.79 g shark fillets or 226.79 g cod, fresh
- 113.39 g fresh shrimp
- 453.59 g steamer clam, in shells
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml dry marsala or 236.59 ml dry sherry
- 340.19 g tomato sauce
- 453.59 g stewed tomatoes
- 78.07 ml mushroom, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml tarragon
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 680.38 g linguine
- In a large pot brown onion, garlic and parsley in olive oil. When onions are translucent, add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.
- Add sherry, mushrooms and seasonings. simmer 15 minutes
- Add shark or ling cod, in two-inch square chunks. Allow to simmer on low heat for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally. 20 minutes before serving, add crab, clams and shrimp. Stir pot occasionally. When clams have popped open its done, serve over linguini.