Recipe by chia
this is a lightened version of a fabulous bisque. less butter and cream here, from cooking light, but the same full flavor. try it, you'll love it.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was my second Pick-A-Chef selection and it was a great one. We love crab bisque so I was thrilled with this lightened up version. There really is no sacrifce in flavor, either. Turned out very creamy, well seasoned (Love Old Bay!!) and soooo comforting. This is what my husband and I took for lunch this week. Thanks.
- 118.29 ml flour
- 14.79 ml butter
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml chopped carrots
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped red pepper
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 946.36 ml clam juice
- 354.88 ml milk
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 453.59 g lump crabmeat, picked through
- 78.07 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- heat flour in a cast iron skillet, cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring, until brown, remove from heat spray a dutch oven with cooking spray,and over medium hi heat add butter.
- add carrot, onion, celery, peppers, garlic and saute until tender, 5 minutes add spices and cook 1 minute.
- sprinkle with flour, stirring.
- add clam juice, and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- stir in milk and half and half, cook 5 minutes.
- stir in crab and sherry, cook until heated.
- remove bay leaf before serving.