Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a wonderful recipe that I took from the famous Paula Deen, and then made a few minor changes. Trust me when I say that it is absolutely delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, with tops (scallion, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fish stock (NOT FISH SAUCE)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb crabmeat (backfin or lump, picked free of shells)
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry (or a little more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped green onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, stirring until well blended.
- Slowly add 2 cups of the fish stock, continuing to cook until smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly add cream and milk.
- Stir in crabmeat. Add sherry, lemon-pepper seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer until piping hot. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese and chives.