Chef #386223's Note:
I'm trying this Rachael Ray recipe for a pre Thanksgiving dinner for my family. I'm sure it will be a hit!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped, with greens
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1Bring pasta water to boil and salt it. Cook pasta to al dente.
- 2While pasta cooks, heat a large, deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- 3Add extra-virgin olive oil to pan with the bacon; cook bacon 3 minutes.
- 4Add onions and celery and cook 3 minutes more.
- 5Add bell pepper and cook another minute or two.
- 6Add flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Whisk in stock, then milk.
- 8When milk bubbles, add crab and corn to heat through, another minute.
- 9Stir in cheese, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- 10Melt cheese into sauce.
- 11Drain pasta and toss with cheese, crab and corn sauce.
- 12Adjust seasoning.
- 13Ladle in bowls and garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Corn Chowda-Mac Recipe Courtesy Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 504.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g