Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm trying this Rachael Ray recipe for a pre Thanksgiving dinner for my family. I'm sure it will be a hit!!!
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped, with greens
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) container fresh lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Bring pasta water to boil and salt it. Cook pasta to al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large, deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to pan with the bacon; cook bacon 3 minutes.
- Add onions and celery and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add bell pepper and cook another minute or two.
- Add flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in stock, then milk.
- When milk bubbles, add crab and corn to heat through, another minute.
- Stir in cheese, thyme and cayenne pepper.
- Melt cheese into sauce.
- Drain pasta and toss with cheese, crab and corn sauce.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Ladle in bowls and garnish with chives.
Saw this on 30 minute meals. Zaared it, and tried it. Family loved it. Thank you for posting this recipe. It was a family winner. I do think I will as a bit more corn next time. Oh, and this is one of those recipes that only gets better after setting overnight in the fridge.