Recipe by Le Beast
I say "cozy" cause this is my favorite comfort soup, it's so rich in flavour you'll want to make it every time it rains!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (398 ml) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes (I use more cause I like it spicy!)
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (540 ml) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, stock, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and simmer about 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, stirring often to prevent sticking on the bottom.
- Add beans and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with as much parmesan cheese that you like!
- Now pick a cozy spot on the couch and enjoy!