Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from MarthaStewart.com
Make and share this Cowboy Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Sift flour, backing soda, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add mixed dry ingredient mixture until just incorporated. Beat in oats, chocolate, pecans and coconut until combined. Dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Using a 1-1/2 inch ice cream scoop or small spoon, drop dough onto backing sheets, spacing 3" apart.
- Bake until edges of cookies begin to brown, 11-13 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to wire rack and let cook for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack. (Cookies can be stored up to 3 days.