Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy pine nuts pair well with and add contrast to the soft texture of the couscous.
Make and share this Couscous With Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth and oil to a boil.
- Stir in couscous in a stream; add in green onion.
- Remove pan from heat, cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add pine nuts, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and butter; season to taste with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
This is delicious. I didn't have any scallions... also upped the pine nuts. The lemon was a perfect touch! Thank you!