Crunchy pine nuts pair well with and add contrast to the soft texture of the couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth and oil to a boil.
- 2Stir in couscous in a stream; add in green onion.
- 3Remove pan from heat, cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Add pine nuts, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and butter; season to taste with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g