Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy pine nuts pair well with and add contrast to the soft texture of the couscous.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth and oil to a boil.
- Stir in couscous in a stream; add in green onion.
- Remove pan from heat, cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add pine nuts, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and butter; season to taste with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
This is delicious. I didn't have any scallions... also upped the pine nuts. The lemon was a perfect touch! Thank you!