Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty complement to any meat, poultry, fish or tofu dish you toss on the grill, this recipe is also heart-friendly.
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Cover and shake well to combine. Brush the vegetables lightly with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Grill the vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10-12 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Transfer grill veggies to cutting board; cool slightly and coarsely chop. Add chopped veggies to couscous. Stir in parsley, pine nuts, and remaining dressing. Season to taste with salt & pepper; toss.