Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light and lovely side dish features tangy flavors mellowed by easy-to-cook couscous. It really comes together in a snap and is scrumdilicious and healty (O.M.G !!! ) too. Recipe was found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magaizine. Enjoy !!!!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil )
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups couscous (uncooked )
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled )
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano (minced or 1/2 tsp dried oregano )
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over tomatoes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil and stir in couscous.
- Remove saucepan with broth and couscous from the heat and let it stand 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Drain and chop tomatoes and add couscous.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients (feta cheese, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, tsp of water and olive oil)
- Serve warmed or chilled and -- Manga ! .
This is yummy! It was a great change from our regular couscous. I loved the feta and the sun-dried tomato combination! Thanks for posting.
This is DELICIOUS!! I love this salad and eat it often, now. Just be very careful not to over cook the couscous or it will irreparably ruin the salad. The only thing I prefer different is instead of crumbled feta, I buy a block and cut it into cubes. I am a huge fan of feta, so I want to taste it more.