Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Body and Soul Magazine Sep 2008 This is for 1 serving but you can easily multiple the recipe :)
- In a saucepan bring 2/3 cup lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss broccoli, chickpeas, raisins, feta, oil, and vinegar with warm couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was a delicious side salad for us. I used Israeli couscous - I thought that it might be "prettier" with the big ball grains. The salad is easily thrown together, and looks good, although the broccoli loses it's color after awhile, coming in contact with the acids. I added in some chopped fresh parsley to counter that. The flavor combination is nice, the raisins do add just the right amount of sweetness, as another reviewer says. Thanks, Jamilah.
I really enjoyed this. the raisins add a lovely sweetness. I generally really enjoy salads with red wine vinegar so this was right up my ally. will make again.
I thought this was a wonderful recipe. The golden raisins add just the right amount of sweetness. I'll be making this again. Thank you!