Broccoli and Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Raisins
This is sooo good! For a slightly different twist, you could also drizzle with red wine vinegar or lemon juice.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic, in thin slices
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 slices bacon, cooked til crispy and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower just until tender (about 5-7 minutes after it comes to a rolling boil), and drain.
- Meanwhile soak raisins in very hot water to plump them up a bit.
- Heat oil over medium high heat, and sauteé garlic just until slightly golden, then add pine nuts and sauteé another minute.
- Pour garlic/pine nut oil over broccoli and cauliflower and toss with drained raisins and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this as one of our side dishes foe a baked ham. It was wonderful! I didn't think that 1 1/2 cups of broccoli & cauliflower would be enough, so I increased the recipe (I wanted leftovers!!) to 1 1/2 pounds of each veggie and increased all other ingredients accordingly. DH & I loved it....DS is not a cauliflower fan, but agreed that it was quite good. (The only change I will make next time is to mince the garlic so that it will distribute better during tossing.) Yes, there were leftovers (big grin), some of which I had tonight as a cold salad with some bleu cheese dressing mixed in...wow, was that good too! Thanks for posting such a versatile recipe, equally good hot or cold!Reply
Wow, cooked this for a total of 27 people Thursday Evening at an organization that I belong to. I cook one meal a month for them. This was awesome. Made it precisely according to recipe and it was simply devine. I used Crushed Walnuts because our grocery store did not carry pine nuts, but this was perfect just the way it was written. Thanks Tasty and very refreshing. Chef Angela MarieReply
see 8 more