Here's a delicious side dish. Goes well with chicken. It's my own recipe. :)
Make and share this Couscous Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in 2 ½ cups water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; add carrots and onion.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Boil 15 minutes or until carrots are done.
- Add salt, pepper, and couscous.
- Cook, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir and serve.
I used some red onion, some green onion, about half an orange pepper, 3 C chicken broth, 1 1/2 C couscous and no butter. I sauteed the vegetables in a little olive oil first and then added the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients. So, it was quicker. It turned out very well. The amount of liquid to couscous was just right. I served it with chicken. :)
Perfect side for a spicy fish dish. I liked that it wasn't as dry as couscous usually turns out. I diced some baby carrots to use in it. Your favorite herbs could be added if you wanted a bit more flavor.
We really liked this, a nice way to combine your grains and your veggies! Very easily prepared, looks after itself while you prepare any accompanying dishes. Tasty and attractive, a good recipe, thank you Rainberry! Made for Alphabet tag game