Recipe by Rainberry Blues
Here's a delicious side dish. Goes well with chicken. It's my own recipe. :)
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I used some red onion, some green onion, about half an orange pepper, 3 C chicken broth, 1 1/2 C couscous and no butter. I sauteed the vegetables in a little olive oil first and then added the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients. So, it was quicker. It turned out very well. The amount of liquid to couscous was just right. I served it with chicken. :)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in 2 ½ cups water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; add carrots and onion.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Boil 15 minutes or until carrots are done.
- Add salt, pepper, and couscous.
- Cook, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir and serve.