Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A lovely summer veggie meal, serve hot or cold with a leafy salad.
- 500 g courgettes, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 75 g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tomatoes, cored & roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Place the courgettes in a bowl with the onion & garlic & mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, eggs and olive oil with a whisk. Season and stir in the flour and baking powder to make a smooth, thick batter. Mix the batter into the grated courgette mixture.
- Heat a 20cm non stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the courgette mixture; top with the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes on the hob, then transfer to the oven and bake for about 1 hour or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and gently ease the cake out of the pan.
This is very good! Served it with soup, but would be good with a salad, also! Nice flavors. Made for Fall 2008 PAC Orphanage.