Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Recipe from The Biggest Loser. I haven't tried but wanted to post to not lose. You can form into patties as well as links. I would think after mixing and shaping, these would freeze well. Low sodium & low cal
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped leek (or finely chopped onions)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon toasted fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse just until the mixture is well combined and cohesive.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer for 40 minutes until mixture is very cold but not frozen.
- Using slightly less than 1/4 cup, quickly shape the mixture into 16 links, each about 3 inches in length and 1 inch in diameter (or patties about 2-1/2 inch in diameter.).
- Heat he oil in a non-stick skillet and brown sausages over medium heat, turning occasionally for about 3 or 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and cook until crisp and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.