1/1 Photo of Country Style Chicken and Vegetables
1 hr 20 mins
Absolutely delicious!!! My family wolfed it down in record time. Perfect for Sunday dinners, versatile and very easy to make. Would do just fine with lamb , beef or a whole chicken. Will definitely make again and again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh rosemary or 9.85 ml dried rosemary
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3 large portabella mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 907.18 g small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into eighths
- 6 chicken quarters
- 158.51 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 2 large flameproof roasting pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the chopped garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and oil.
- 3In a large bowl, toss mushrooms, potatoes, carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons herb mixture. Spoon into roasting pans, dividing equally between the two.
- 4Brush remaining herb mixture over chicken pieces. Place chicken, skin side up in pans and arrange the vegetables around them.
- 5Bake in 400-degree oven for 45 minutes. Then add 1/3-cup chicken broth to each roasting pan. Baste the chicken with pan juices. Continue to bake for 15 minutes longer.
- 6Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, keep warm.
- 7Place one pan over medium heat on stovetop. Add cup chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, pour through strainer to a small bowl. Repeat with remaining roasting pan and chicken broth.
- 8Pour pan juices over chicken and vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 641.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: