Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Yummy, Fast, and great for those busy days when you have no idea when you'll have time for dinner. From Fix it and Forget it.
- 8 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (whatever you prefer) or 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese (whatever you prefer)
- Combine potatoes, onion,& ham in a lightly sprayed slow cooker.
- Combine gravy mix, mushroom soup, and water.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Cook on low 7-9 hours, or High 3-4 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese during last 30 minutes of cooking.
Wasn't sure about this one. I followed the recipe exactely but it looked nothing like the picture. Mine was 'grey' looking and the sauce wasn't creamy like the pics but sort of separated. Also the potatoes weren't cooked - this was despite using the slicer to cut them uniformly. May try again but would opt for a different cheese and don't think I would cook in slow cooker next time.
Didn't like the end result at all...Potatoes failed to completely cook after 4 hours on HIGH...I recommend going with the LOW and slow cooktime instead...The gravy/sauce wasn't nearly enough, adding a second can of soup would be good...Additional cheese, like another cupful, wouldn't hurt either...IF I try this again, I'll be making the above changes ;-)
Tasty and comfy. We did enjoy this for some leftover ham. Definitely watch the salt though. I used low sodium soup which I think helped.