The original version of this recipe was passed down from my Grandmother back in Missouri. I've made some improvements. I'll let you figure out what you want to put it on; biscuits are my favorite but this is great on just about anything you might want to put gravy on. I also use Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage and add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes but those are entirely optional.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet, add finely chop onions and cook over medium-high heat until they become translucent.
- Add sausage and cook until done; drain excess, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining dry ingredients.Mix evenly and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in Worcestershire sauce and milk; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until gravy reaches desired thickness, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve.