This is a wonderful slaw. It uses fresh veggies fresh right out of the garden. No mayo in this--just a simple made vinaigrette that I have included.
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 6 small firm zucchini
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin and slivered
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cored seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup of good quality vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup of good quality olive oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Cut carrots and zucchini into match stick sized strips and mix with next 4 ingredients.
- Add salt to taste. Add parsley and basil. Toss with dressing and serve.
- For dressing, whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream while whisking. Whisk until all oil is used.