Recipe by saracrocker
This is one of my hubby's favorite meals. So easy to make!
Top Review by Holley Mc
I've made this a few times, the first I went straight by the recipe. I really liked it, but the bottom of my steaks would burn. I mean crisp black burned.. not just a little brown. I gave four stars to the recipe as written. The only thing I changed was not to cook for 45 minutes. I also decided to turn them during the cook time. I kept an eye on the steaks and when they were as browned as I cared for, I would add the cornstarch. A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing!
- 6 -8 pieces of cubed steak
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover meat generously with flour on all sides and set aside.
- pour oil in skillet and heat over medium-high heat for about a minute, then place meat in skillet and brown on both sides until crispy and brown. 3 minutes per side.
- After browning meat place all pieces in skillet, turn heat to medium-low, put onions on top then add beef broth. Place lid on skillet and cook for 45 minutes. During the last 10 minutes mix cornstarch and water together and add in skillet to make gravy thick.