Recipe by Annacia
If you don't tell the company that it's a diabetic recipe they won't know!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This is a wonderful chicken dish. The chicken was so juicy and the flavors mixed so well together. I didn't have fresh parsley so I just sprinkled some dry into the sauce which worked fine.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 medium onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a large cold skillet with non-stick spray coating. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot skillet.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme to the skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, bring liquid in skillet to boiling. Cook about 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.