Prep 5 mins
Cook 33 mins
I got this recipe from a recipe card I found in the mail one day. It was a huge hit with the family. Even my picky 2 year old cleaned his plate!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can french-style green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) canchopped canned tomatoes
- 1 -2 large potato, cut into cubes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup finely-shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and onion.
- Sautee for about 3 minutes.
- Add green beans, undrained tomatoes, carrots, potatos, rice, salt and pepper.
- Mix gently.
- Pour water over top of chicken mixture.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until potatoes and rice are tender.
- Sprinkle chicken mixture with cheddar cheese.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy!!!!!!!! :)
- **NOTE:You can speed cooking by using cubed canned potatoes andinstant rice.
- Add the potatoes and rice to skillet; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Let stand, coveredm for 5 minutes.
- Proceed as recipe directs.
Very easy and tasty. Adding a little soy sauce gives a little extra kick.
Incredibly easy and one of my all time favorite meals as a kid. Would definitely recommend. We add seasoning salt or hot sauce sometimes and use left-overs to make an omelet in the morning!
Made a few changes, tried it with beef instead of chicken and less water and more water and no cheese and more cheese, everyone liked most any way I fixed it, fast easy and filling!