Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe I picked up from the Gulf News Cookery book which I was gifted. I like the simplicity and flavour.
- 1⁄2 kg panir
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon thymol seeds (ajwain)
- 6 green chilies (or less if you do not like spice)
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 3 -5 mint leaves (optional)
- Cube the paneer.
- (should be very fresh) Grind together the chillies and coriander and mint leaves too (if using) Mix chilli- coriander paste with the lemon juice and ajwain Add salt Smear the paneer with this mixture Cut squares of aluminium foil and place 4 paneer cubes in each foil.
- Dribble oil over paneer and fold the squares in such a way that no moisture can seep out when turned Place the parcels on a barbeque grill over a moderate fire and turn once or twice till cooked.
- Alternatively sometimes I put the paneer cubes on the grill directly and grill lightly on both sides.