I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese so I can't wait to try these from the Midnight Snacks cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemons (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- warm maple syrup or apple butter or preserves, for serving
- fresh berries, sliced banana, toasted nuts (optional) or sour cream, for serving (optional)
- 1Place everything but the serving ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, or mix by hand with a whisk.
- 2Heat a nonstick skillet and brush the bottom lightly with oil. Pour the batter into the pan, forming 3-4 inch rounds. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the hot cake and brown the other side.
- 3Serve with warmed maple syrup, apple butter, or preserves, along with the suggested toppings or whatever you like.
- 4NOTE: You can substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese for a richer hot cake and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Hot Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 287.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g