Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from the Fleischmanns's Yeast site. I love this bread because you can change the flavour by using different types of cottage cheese. For example, here in New Zealand, we get cottage cheese and chives, or cottage cheese and gherkins. A great savoury bread that my husband and I use for our packed lunch to take to work. Lovely with cold meat and full of salad veges and a smear of mayo!! This is for a 1 pound loaf.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, chopped into little bits
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, rounded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (in New Zealand we have different yeast, so I use 3 teaspoons)
- Carefully measure all the ingredients into the pan in the order specified by the manufacturer.
- Set to whole wheat cycle.